Monday, November 16, 2009

post 7: The significant Aspect (Natalia)

The Significant Aspect



The significant aspect I think is when at the ending of the book and Lilly decides to stay with the Boatwright sisters.

[pg296-297]


I didnt answer him, but walked over to our lady where she lay on the floor and lifted her upright. I could feel August and Rosaleen outide the, could almost hear their breathing. I touched my belly for weeks.

" What did you say?"

"I said I'm not leaving."
" You think I'm gonna walk out of here and leave you? I dont even know these damn people." He seemed to struggle to make his words forceful enough. The anger had been washed out of him when he'd dropped the knife
" i know them i said.

I chose this passage because its important because it shows the love that Lilly has gotten from the Boatwright sisters which want her to make her stay because she feels like she has a real family there. Also Lilly has gotten familar with them and they are like a big family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment